Miniboats are tracked by an on board GPS transmitter located in or on the hatch.
What data are collected?
- Time and position reports twice a day
- Some boats collect air and water temperature with special sensors
How can you access the data?
- Links are available on the boat’s webpage
- Data are available to download in .csv format
- All tracks are displayed on maps individually on the boat page, or at educationalpassages.org/maps
What can you do with it?
- Create your own map
- Develop animations
- Compare with other data sets
- Analyze the data
In development – check back later!